Head of Project Engineering (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, our new centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. A smooth coordination between commercial, technical/operational and especially funding aspects is hereby mission-critical.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
Head of Project Engineering (m/f/d)
- Being a part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO) you report to our Head of GEO and lead our pool of project engineers, including five direct reports.
- You are responsible for all our strategic projects supporting the respective basic and detailed engineering phase.
- Additionally, you take over the resource planning of all relevant engineering disciplines for strategic projects, such as civil and mechanical engineering, automation and electrical systems as well as execution monitoring, drafting and management of project documentation.
- You take care of the analysis and decision process for optimized project execution form of a specific strategic project (design-bid-build vs. EPC or EPCM).
- Furthermore, you support project procurement in category management, review supplier offers (incl. drawings) critically, optimize RFx documents and take care of claim management.
- You will exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible solution for the strategic projects as well as ensure that enough engineering resources are available for all strategic projects.
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree or diploma in industrial, automation, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering or a comparable field.
- Besides that, you have at least 10 years of project leadership experience, leading ambitious and complex international projects.
- You have a successful track record of accomplishing complex CapEx projects (min. 2 of a volume of >50 Mio. EUR with experience of >1 geographies) in time and in budget.
- Additionally, you have a profound understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken German and English (C level).
- You possess proven problem-solving skills and a high level of independency (in planning, organization, execution and controlling).
- Furthermore, you make strategic and operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of the overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process.
- You fully understand operational and financial KPIs in the broader project context.
- Apart from that, you contribute a robust set of modern project management skills (preferably acc. to PRINCE2) including documentation and knowledge transfer and possess robust moderation and facilitation skills, e.g. for working sessions.
- You also have a confident and winning appearance, can build a rapport with your audience, and proceed with appropriate assertiveness.
- Moreover, you exhibit high levels of ambition and passion for results and a clear willingness for self-development as well as a resilient mindset.
- You have strong teamwork skills and an interest in new tasks and challenges as well as intercultural and leadership empathy.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- More than fair pay: Thanks to the tariff of the chemical industry, you can count on a top salary.
- In addition, we offer an employee share program, a company pension plan and a performance bonus.
- We give you 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- We provide you with a great deal of creative freedom to shape your work and support you in networking within the company.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: For megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition, our metals are the be-all and end-all.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- Last but not least, we offer a wide range of mobility solutions: e.g., JobRad, HVV ProfiTicket and a StadtRad station right infront of the office.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents in English with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.