Senior Manager Large CapEx Projects (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees at sites in Europe and the United States. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, our new centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. A smooth coordination between commercial, technical/operational and especially funding aspects is hereby mission critical.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
Senior Manager Large CapEx Projects (m/f/d)
- Being a part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO) you report to our Head of GEO and take responsibility for the efficient and successful realization of a large-scale, high complexity CapEx project and related workstreams.
- You will plan, coordinate, monitor and proactively communicate relevant project milestones to key stakeholders.
- You ensure to reach all relevant project objectives, such as legal, health & safety, sustainability, environment, quality, time schedule and budget.
- Additionally, you take different perspectives to create solutions that are aligned with overall Aurubis strategy.
- You are committed to further develop the professional and personal skills of your team members leveraging performance management and talent development tools.
- Furthermore, you provide individual project members and the whole team with adequate and challenging objectives while nurturing commitment of the project team.
- You are going to proactively track performance, hold the team accountable for results and provide feedback.
- You enable reliable collaboration between all project stakeholders by supporting discussions, elaborating consensus solutions and encouraging others to engage and communicate independently.
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree or diploma in industrial, automation, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering or a comparable field.
- Besides that, you have at least 10 years of project leadership experience, leading ambitious and complex international projects.
- You have a successful track record of accomplishing complex CapEx projects (min. 2 of a volume of >50 Mio. EUR with experience of >1 geographies) in time and in budget.
- Additionally, you have a profound understanding of chemical and/or metallurgical production processes and requirements.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken German and English (C level).
- You possess proven problem-solving skills and a high level of independency (in planning, organization, execution and controlling).
- You have experience in leading teams in a matrix organization and with team members of different cultural backgrounds.
- You make strategic and operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of the overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process.
- Apart from that, you fully understand operational and financial KPIs in the broader project context.
- You contribute a robust set of modern project management skills (preferably acc. to PRINCE2) including documentation and knowledge transfer and possess robust moderation and facilitation skills, e.g. for working sessions.
- You also have a confident and winning appearance, can build a rapport with your audience, and proceed with appropriate assertiveness.
- Moreover, you exhibit high levels of ambition and passion for results and a clear willingness for self-development as well as a resilient mindset.
- You have strong teamwork skills and an interest in new tasks and challenges as well as intercultural and leadership empathy.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- Contribute your skills, experience and creativity to an exciting industrial company!
- We provide a great deal of leeway to shape your work and a high degree of individual responsibility.
- We communicate with our colleagues on an equal footing and develop innovative solutions together in an international environment.
- Take advantage of flexible working hours, attractive compensation and company mobility solutions (e.g. JobRad, HVV-ProfiTicket) as well as comprehensive social benefits including a company pension scheme!
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.