Director Primary Raw Materials (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees at sites in Europe and the United States. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
The Primary Raw Materials Department is responsible for purchasing raw materials as input material for copper production at several Aurubis sites. As a central business area of raw material procurement, the department is managed within Aurubis' business unit Commercial.
In order to support our Primary Raw Materials department at the Hamburg site as of the next possible date we are looking for you as a
Director Primary Raw Materials (m/f/d)
- In this position, you will be operating on a truly global level, drive our growth and develop new business opportunities on the commodity side.
- You will also monitor and analyze the relevant commodity markets and competition for strategic development.
- Furthermore, you will take leadership roles in negotiating and drafting contracts.
- You optimize the raw material portfolios in coordination with the strategic buyers and implement the purchasing strategies.
- Additionally, you acquire new suppliers and develop new business opportunities.
- As a part of your job, you will also support the raw material demand planning and create new processing opportunities for raw materials.
- You will work in close cooperation with the relevant production areas and production planning.
- Besides that, you will be a pitch point in aligning sites and countries.
- You provide accurate and timely information for reporting.
- In addition, you participate in and monitor projects.
- You have successfully completed your studies in economics or a comparable degree or have an equivalent education, preferably with a good metallurgical or technical understanding.
- In addition, you have at least five years of professional management experience in the international and/or metal commodities business.
- You are well versed in the use of Office 365; SAP knowledge is desirable.
- Furthermore, you are fluent in written and spoken business English.
- You are also proficient in another foreign language, preferably in Spanish.
- Besides that, you are characterized by an independent way of working, a high motivation and assertiveness as well as willingness to travel.
- You enjoy taking on complex and challenging situations while keeping a cool head.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to apply creative strategies are among your strengths.
- A strong international orientation, strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team round off your profile.
- Contribute your skills, experience, and creativity to an exciting industrial company.
- We provide you with a great deal of leeway to shape your work and a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Additionally, we communicate with our colleagues on an equal footing and develop innovative solutions together in an international environment.
- Benefit from development opportunities, flexible working hours, attractive compensation, and extensive social benefits.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online applicationonly.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.