Global Category Manager (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees at sites in Europe and the United States. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
The Corporate Procurement division is responsible for sourcing all indirect materials, goods, and services. We serve as the interface between our company’s production sites and the procurement markets. We work to secure optimal procurement conditions and procurement support for CapEx projects- and to ensure that our sites are well supplied.
For our team at the Hamburg site, we are looking for a
Global Category Manager (m/f/d)
- lead global strategic sourcing activities in the area of construction and plant engineering to create significant cost reductions and introduce supplier innovation, while maintaining/improving quality and service levels
- cooperate closely with key stakeholders and tandem partners i.e. in operations to source goods and services, develop effective cost reduction strategies and implement plans - act as key account for international locations and manage the internal and external interfaces
- develop, create, implement and secure the execution of the procurement strategy for the responsible global/hybrid categories and support supplier innovation
- review, analyze and optimize specifications with the aim of developing procurement alternatives
- implement market analyses, RFI, RFQ processes and procurement auctions
- prepare, moderate and implement cross-location/group-wide procurement initiatives and projects
- conduct international contract negotiations, mostly in English, with a group-wide mandate
- prepare and implement supplier evaluation audits and supplier reviews
- manage crises (ad hoc procurement)
- process contractual disruptions with cross-location relevance
- ensure a smooth transition between strategic and operational procurement within the procurement function (sourcing -> procure-to-pay) as well as in projects
- master’s or bachelor's degree, preferably in the field of industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or economics with >5 years of responsibility and >10 years of work experience in the procurement area (ideally in a global organization)
- strong commercial and technical understanding of and knowledge in project management, change management and international contract law
- good SAP R/3 and/or S/4HANA, Ariba and MS 365 skills
- fluency in business English
- superior communication skills; strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as ability to manage and interact in teams
- exceptional problem solving and analytical skills – ability to construct/execute multiple complex analyses (e.g. TCO, NPV; cost-price analyses)
- strong initiative and team player attitude
- Contribute your skills, experience and creativity to an exciting industrial company!
- We provide a great deal of leeway to shape your work and a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Additionally, we communicate with our colleagues on an equal footing and develop innovative solutions together in an international environment.
- Benefit from flexible working hours, attractive compensation and company mobility solutions (e.g. JobRad, HVV-ProfiTicket) as well as comprehensive social benefits including a company pension scheme!
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.