Management Trainee Finance (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees at sites in Europe and the United States. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Create your career with us! Join the Aurubis international cross-functional graduate program and give your career a big lift by experiencing all you need to become an entrepreneurial and collaboratively thinking leader in one of the most successful metal-producing and recycling companies worldwide! You will join Aurubis in an exciting period as the company sets up large strategic international CapEx projects to further grow its core business and to continue acting as a first mover in innovative sustainability projects.
For our 24-month international cross-functional trainee program, starting October 1, 2022, we are looking for a
Management Trainee Finance (m/f/d)
The management trainee program is designed to let you grow into a future leadership job, role modeling cross-functional and transnational cooperation in the Aurubis Group.
How will it be done?
- Along with two more trainees, you will start the trainee program with an onboarding phase at the Aurubis headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
- During the first twelve months, you will gain experience in the Commercial, Finance, IT, and Operations areas to understand and contribute to the company's value-added processes.
- By experiencing our major sites Hamburg and Lünen (Germany), Olen and Beerse (Belgium), Berango (Spain), and Pirdop (Bulgaria), you will get to know Aurubis’ assets in depth: Productivity, Sustainability, and Metal Expertise (taking the current pandemic situation into account).
- You are always expected to be attentive to value-creating project ideas, including those related to continuous improvement, innovation, operational excellence, sustainability, and digitalization.
- Based on your insights, you will decide together with Aurubis about your further specialization in the second trainee year. You will implement your project ideas and start the upskilling phase for your target position. Be prepared for the fact that your target position might not be in your home country.
To all the potentials out there: experience shows us that some of you only tend to apply if you fulfill the requirements 150%. Please step back from that, show us how you’re a perfect fit, and apply!
- master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance
- international professional experience of at least six months
- ability to quickly acquire comprehensive knowledge
- analytical proficiency without losing focus of the big picture
- open to experiencing the Aurubis culture and living the Aurubis values and Code of Conduct as a role model
- self-confident to participate in the decision-making process and show curiosity and creative capability to design new and better ways for the global organization to be successful
- ability to deliver tangible results in time and to secure target-based outcomes
- integrative and collaborative thinking and the ability to connect with people on multiple levels
- engaged in interactive learning with and from others
- willingness and ability for self-reflection
- intercultural mindset and willingness to travel internationally
- excellent English language skills (proven level C1) and one additional language mandatory: either German, Flemish/Dutch, Spanish, or Bulgarian
- a challenging, multifaceted learning journey where you will prove your talents, drivers, and aspirations
- freedom to play a part in change initiatives to continue shaping Aurubis’ future
- a supportive off-the-job personality development program
- an individual mentor by your side providing orientation and advice
- an unlimited contract and attractive salary package corresponding to the job requirements and the social benefits of a large, expanding enterprise
- support in finding attractive accommodation in Hamburg, one of the most popular cities to live in in Germany
- company mobility solutions (e.g. JobRad and discounts for public transport in Hamburg)
Then we look forward to receiving your convincing application (CV, motivation letter, references) by March 31, 2022. Furthermore, we encourage you to enrich your application with an additional feature of your choice (e.g., video, self-pitch, etc.).
Our multi-modular application process:
online application, pre-interviews, and assessment center in Hamburg
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.