PMO Manager Group Engineering (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 6,900 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, a centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. Smooth coordination between commercial, technical/operational and especially funding aspects is hereby mission critical.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
PMO Manager Group Engineering (m/f/d)
- Being a part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization, you are in charge of having the project governance oversight on the comprehensive group strategic project pipeline. We are implementing a large number of top priority projects with high CAPEX volume.
- Furthermore, you provide a single set of guidelines for project management best practices, project management systems / standards and tools to be used across the Aurubis Group.
- Also, you ensure continuous improvement of the internal project management practices. You provide advisory and coaching support to staff and project stakeholders on the application of the project management practices.
- Additionally, you will implement and maintain a project management platform to be used as a group-wide standard for project monitoring and project management for the usage of performance management and talent development approaches for the development of project team members.
- You drive the improvement of overarching project management competency for the organization and directly collaborate with Large CAPEX project managers to secure delivery on project plan with high-level cross-functional and cross-border teams.
- Besides that, you manage cross-functional resources (e.g., Finance, Engineering) and international cross-border teams at our sites within Aurubis to achieve adherence to the project governance system.
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree or diploma in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, process engineering, business administration with technical focus or a comparable field.
- Besides that, you have gained at least ten years of practical experience in an industrial environment with a successful track record of accomplished local and cross-border projects.
- You possess a profound understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements.
- You have a solid financial / technical background, with understanding of budgeting and reporting processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of stakeholder management are among your strengths.
- Proactive performance management, the establishment of a constructive feedback culture in project teams and the capacity to manage high stress situations are a given.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- Benefit from flexible working hours, attractive compensation, and company mobility solutions (e.g. JobRad, HVV-ProfiTicket) as well as comprehensive social benefits including a company pension scheme!
- Contribute your skills, experience, and creativity to an exciting industrial company!
- We provide a great deal of leeway to shape your work and a high degree of individual responsibility.
- We communicate with our colleagues on an equal footing and develop innovative solutions together in an international environment.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.