- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 6,900 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are now excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
- Responsible for all phases of accounts payable invoicing, as well as manage and maintain accurate records of accounts receivable and balance sheets. Other day to day responsibilities include (but are not limited to): process domestic and foreign payments using the approved cash management system; create monthly forecasts and annual budgets; ensure reconciliation of bank accounts and other accounts; responsible for month-end reports, schedules, payments and receipts.
- Responsible for handling all master data and account maintenance. In addition, role will execute the intercompany reconciliation process[CB1] .
- Coordinate US tax systems and process’ to align with Corporate needs and policy, with the support of Corporates’ VP of Tax and/or other tax/finance external entities as needed.
- Analyze all statements, balance sheets, income, and expense accounts to guarantee accuracy and recommend adjustments that would increase profitability.
- Independently prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with external legal standards (IFRS, US GAAP) and internal guidelines. This role will carry out inventory valuation in accordance with US-GAAP, IFRS and the applicable reporting definition ("operational").
- Play a key role in accounting process set-up for Augusta systems, set-up and budgets by working with the US Finance Director and Corporate Tax and Accounting staff regarding build-out, departments, special projects, etc.
- Work with US and Corporate management to create, monitor and maintain effective internal audit system with accurate and timely check and balances.
- Work hand in hand with Corporate (Hamburg, Germany) regarding software implementations, build-outs and other special projects.
- Minimum of 2-3 proven years as a titled Accounting Manager and/or Supervisor.
- 3-5 years consistent hands-on experience in the US.
- Proficiency in cost accounting is a must.
- Possess solid technical understanding of complicated procedures and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable standards and legal regulations.
- You have a comprehensive know-how and are confident in using ERP systems (e.g., SAP FI, CO and MM).
- Excellent understanding of MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Above average experience with V-Lookups, creating formulas, creating and maintaining dashboards and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Experience with an International company in an Accounting role.
- SAP experience and know-how.
- Minimum of 2+ years in Manufacturing.
- Experience in a large company and/or auditing firm.
- Experience with accounting dashboards within Power BI, SAP, Snowflake is a very much preferred. (This role will heavily be involved with a US software implementation.)
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Certification or MBA (preferred but not required)
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- FSA Debit Card Plan
- Competitive PTO Plans
- ...and more!
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.