(Senior) Civil Project Engineer (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 6,900 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, our new centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. Operational engineering support is hereby mission-critical to drive feasibility, basic and detailed engineering of strategic projects and thereby lay the foundation of Aurubis future success.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
(Senior) Civil Project Engineer (m/f/d)
- As being part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO) you will be deployed to strategic projects supporting the respective basic and detailed engineering phase and manage projects in a legally secure manner and also regarding time, costs and quality.
- You are responsible for the (basic and detailed) planning of infrastructure measures including alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- Furthermore, you optimize the construction planning with regards to civil engineering regulations as well as to overarching health, safety and environmental objectives of the group.
- You support project procurement in category management, review supplier offers (incl. drawings) critically, optimize RFx documents and take care of claim management.
- Additionally, you exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible solution for the strategic project.
- You monitor all construction works critically in preparation of the commissioning phase.
- Besides that, you tackle disruptions in your responsibility area with the aim of sustainably reducing disruption rates.
- You assume a dedicated “expert role” and provide expert guidance for other strategic projects.
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree or diploma in civil engineering or a comparable field.
- Additionally, you have at least 5–7 years of practical experience in related engineering/technology professions and work experience as a project engineer or sub-project manager of major CapEx projects (>10 Mio. EUR).
- You are well-versed with German construction standards.
- An understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements would be a plus.
- Your English is business fluent. In addition, you have excellent language skills in German.
- As an excellent communicator, you are able to deliver presentations routinely to relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- You have the ability to make operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of the overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- Contribute your skills, experience and creativity to an exciting industrial company!
- We provide a great deal of leeway to shape your work and a high degree of individual responsibility.
- We communicate with our colleagues on an equal footing and develop innovative solutions together in an international environment.
- Take advantage of flexible working hours, attractive compensation and company mobility solutions (e.g. JobRad, HVV-ProfiTicket) as well as comprehensive social benefits including a company pension scheme!
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.