- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 6,900 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
- Day to day coaching and counseling is the full responsibility of the production manager.
- Development and execution of training concepts for process, health, safety, environment.
- Oversee the process of hiring, monitor and evaluate the performance of production staff.
- Motivate and coach staff; get them involved in the objectives. Make them feel valued and respected.
- Create a motivated team that acts according to the Aurubis values.
- Make sure the production team is fully staffed, retain knowledge and talent.
- Define tasks, responsibilities and KPI’s for each position within production and assure the Production Manager is relaying and supporting accurate information along with holding employees responsible.
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Ensures the consistent development of occupational safety awareness in the production organization.
- Ensures compliance with occupational health and safety processes and actively supports the team leads in the implementation of safe working conditions.
- Makes sure that unsafe practices and/or installations are documented and reported.
- Organizes and supervises counter actions with the support of the HSE manager.
- Acts as a role model; raise awareness and motivate team members to high levels of safety behavior.
- Ensures that all environmental requirements and regulations are fulfilled in the production department.
- Makes sure that all deviations are reported in the appropriate way and undertakes counteractions in coordination with the EHS manager.
- Act swiftly on all reported safety issues and take all measures needed to mitigate the risks.
- Be a part of the AOS team; be an active participant in the AOS program.
- Look for process or equipment improvements to increase production volume and/or to improve safety, availability, quality and/or emissions.
- Define improvement, contact suppliers and/or contractors to get all information necessary to set up a basic budget.
- Assist in the decision-making process of prioritizing improvements.
- Realization of small improvement projects, from start to finish.
- Assist the overall efforts of production, operations and engineering in bigger improvement project.
- Assist key individuals, floor employees and administrative staff during engineering and implementation phases along with roll-outs to staff.
- Support the Director of Production and local President along with making recommendations.
- Take a leading and key individual role within the entire “management of change” process within the production department.
- Attend the daily production meeting and give input to this meeting.
- Attend seminars and consult with colleagues in other production plants to be informed of innovations in relevant technical fields.
- Work closely together with other departments to ensure lean cooperation.
- Work closely with local HR in projects such as Workers Compensation, Learning & Development, staff and organization build-out and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This role is Exempt status and will also be expected to be available in case of emergencies after-hours.
- Minimum of 7 years practical experience in related engineering/ technology professions.
- 3-5 years consistent hands-on experience in the US.
- Work experience as a production engineer and/or manager, ideally in an international environment.
- Profound understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements
- Must be conversant in EPA/EPD and OSHA regulations.
- Will be required to become an OSHA Train-the-Trainer level expert.
- May be required to become (at minimum) Six Sigma, Yellow Belt level certified.
- Must be able to successfully motivate staff to ensure production targets are met while maintaining the quality standards.
- Prove as a true SME (subject matter expert) and solid hands-on experience/knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices in the workplace.
- Operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process
- Willingness to travel and offer flexibility.
- Experience with relevant software tools (e.g., MS Office, simulation software, ERP software)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience with ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001/ISO 45001.
Special Soft Skills Needed:
- Must exhibit exemplary communication skills.
- Must exhibit a leader-coach mentality and act as a change agent with a team-oriented focus.
- Must be able to demonstrate being a key leader within cultural change.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines and high pressure while sustaining professional behavior
- He/she is capable of maintaining relations with other departments and external relations.
- Effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Gives and takes constructive feedback well.
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others.
- Proven problem-solving skills and high level of independency (in planning, organization, execution and control).
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems.
- Organization skills to be able to oversee the entire production process.
- Mindset of challenging and embracing change.
- Passion for metals in general and for project results in specific as well as clear willingness for self-development.
- Ability to keep a cool head even in stressful situations.
- Comfortable “pivoting” quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Able to successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability as an outstanding team player and a successful independent worker.
- B.S./B.A. in a comparable field is required.
- Master in Metallurgy, process engineering or comparable related area is highly preferred.
- Please notate additional certification statements in the Responsibilities paragraph.
- Must be willing and physically able to walk/work in, observe and spend time in a smelter environment.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in intense heat situations.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, climbing, balancing, crouching and kneeling.
- May have prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, in meetings or presenting and training.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct audits and/or walk-thrus.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Required to reach and grasp with hands and reach with arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to respond to any safety incident quickly and effectively and/or accident including First Responder duties.
- Willing and physically able to travel domestically and/or internationally, if requested.
- This is an extensively physical role.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- FSA Debit Card Plan
- Competitive PTO Plans
- ...and more!
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.