- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 6,900 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
- Responsible for all on-site logistic, gateway, transportation management and material handling activities of Aurubis Richmond (in Augusta, GA). (Strategic and hands-on management.)
- Coordinate stock taking activities in respective areas of responsibility.
- Key-User and first level support for Logistics Software, such as but not limited to Transporeon, Marathon, SAP (TM) which will include software implementations.
- Must successfully communicate, interact, and interface with international and domestic employees of all levels regarding operational and non-operational topics. Examples of roles include (but not limited to): management, leads, logistics staff, engineers, production, maintenance, safety/environmental, procurement, human resources, stakeholders, etc.
- Acts in an industrial environment with high level of compliancy rules (safety, environment, quality).
- Extensive contact with internal/external customers and/or sales and customer service department, to identify, research, analyze and resolve issues.
- Provide support in several areas, including issue resolution, financial performance, adherence to contract terms and solution design and pricing, as needed.
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements, inspections and procurement of equipment and parts.
- Assist in planning projects for critical lifts and crane selection.
- Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management – including being responsible for all reporting needs for the SCM department. (May include being part of specialty projects.)
- Work hand-in-hand with Production in warehouse optimization, packaging, etc.
- Establish corrective actions for underperforming metrics to ensure performance standards are met.
- Works with the Director and HR in developing and mentoring direct staff. “First line” day to day coaching and counseling is the full responsibility of the Logistics Manager.
- Work with local HR to hire, onboard, monitor and evaluate the performance of departmental staff.
- Accountable for methods which assist employees to effectively retain training and work knowledge in addition to the overall retention of employees.
- Successfully use Corporate established standards to assure logistics team is fully staffed and working at full potential yet take opportunities to recommend process’ for review which may have more of an impact.
- Responsible for working with EHS and HR in organizing training and role developmental needs; technical training and/or training on new policies or processes.
- Motivate and coach staff; inspire and educate employees; encourage individuals to give genuine feedback and to be involved in company objectives.
- Build trust and a positive working relationship with individuals.
- Build a motivated team that understands and performs according to Aurubis values.
- Define tasks and clear expectations for each position within logistics.
- Ensure site conformance to published group policies, programs, systems, or procedures and ensure procedural requirements are understood and followed by site personnel.
- Identifies and coordinates any required training or resources essential for the operations section to function.
- Implements guidance regarding ethical behavior and anti-fraud activities throughout the division.
- Act as a role model to all Aurubis employees; raise awareness and motivate team members to high levels of safety behavior.
- Responsible for adhering to, identifying, making recommendations, assisting with correcting any unsafe conditions within the company along with owning the documentation process for the logistics department.
- Act swiftly on all reported safety issues, reporting’s and work with EHS by taking all measures needed to mitigate any/all environmental, health and/or safety risks.
- Conduct needed EHS audits, risk assessments and self-assessments and report results on a regular basis. Work with EHS team to ensure controls are implemented to address risk and non-compliance. Train others to audit/assess key areas.
- From time to time, assist the Safety department in interacting with OSHA/EPA/EPD regarding formal complaints and inspections.
- Prioritize (improvement) projects and decide on the execution schedule.
- Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC (Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operations on an ongoing basis in addition to providing recommendations on aspects of the department’s strengths, weaknesses and needs.
- Continuous analysis of current logistics processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Fully understand and implement all company requirements regarding DOT (Department of Transportation regulations) relating to Aurubis’ process’ and procedures.
- Responsible for establishing a CAPEX budget and coordinating the execution of investment projects.
- Responsible for setting up an OPEX budget. Maintain the budget and take necessary actions to achieve set goals.
- Consult with top management and develop a strategy for Aurubis Richmond Logistics in accordance with the global business and operational strategies and tactical plans.
- Responsible for working with, understanding and being able to report on metrics of the entire logistics program management and communication (including contracts) regarding both short- and long-range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Set logistics goals in accordance with the Aurubis Richmond strategy.
- Define, monitor, control, and report relevant KPIs.
- Define, install, and lead logistics projects and initiatives as defined in the tactical planning.
- Analysis suitable make-or-buy targets and develops relevant 3rd party service providers for internal and external logistic processes.
- Improve processes and policies to obtain the organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Create and disseminate department metrics and report to management.
- Map all risks (safety, process, environment, technical and financial) identified and define corrective actions. Make sure these actions are carried out and have the expected results.
- Act as backup for other supervisors when absent.
- Be an active part of the AOS team and the entire program.
- Work closely together with other departments to ensure lean cooperation.
- Work with HR regarding personnel recognition efforts, discipline, training, onboarding, retention strategies and development plans.
- From time to time may support HR in responding to audits from entities such as DOL, Workers Comp, EEOC, etc.
- Hold employees accountable to their job duties in a fair, consistent and professional manner.
- Exhibit a committed effort to adhere to build-out timelines and milestones.
- Strategize with upper management and HR regarding Logistics KPIs (setting indicators, outlining cost and budgetary points, timelines, etc.) and how these will be built into the overall employees’ performance review and development.
- Streamline, establish and implement lean manufacturing initiatives that achieve improved business results which may require individual at some point to obtain Six Sigma Training (Yellow/Green Belt).
- Other duties as assigned.
- This role is Exempt status and will be expected to be available in case of emergencies after-hours.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in related logistics/ planning/ process engineering professions.
- 3-5 years consistent hands-on experience in the US.
- Proven work experience as a logistics manager, ideally in an international environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years strong leadership skills which have been successful in motivating staff to ensure operative targets are met while maintaining the quality standards. (Result oriented leadership approach).
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Previous experience creating and presenting to various levels including relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP) and product flows.
- Strong computer skills (business system, email, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Solid knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices in the workplace.
- If filled with an internal current employee of Aurubis, individual must be willing to relocate to the US for a minimum of three (3) years with a possibility of extension upon approval, if needed.
- Must be conversant in current DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Must be able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Outlook, OneDrive, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Knowledge of lean/process improvement methodologies.
- APICS certification(s), a plus.
- Experience with a start-up of a plant is beneficial.
- Possess an understanding of chemical or metallurgical (production) processes and requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings, and layouts.
- Speaking and listening language skills in a 2nd language is preferred, ideally German.
Special soft skills needed:
- Individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment in which he/she must be strategic yet tactical.
- Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to portray customer, business, and solution focused leadership.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must exhibit a leader-coach mentality and act as a change agent with a team-oriented focus; proven commitment to change and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional communication skills – includes listening, leadership style, speaking, etc. in order to effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Must possess the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Capability to clearly present information and obtain others’ buy-ins.
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving ability, with affinity for resourcefulness, and self-driven entrepreneurial style.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict effectively.
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems.
- Possess a mindset that embraces challenge and change.
- Passion for metals in general and for project results in specific as well as clear willingness for self-development.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility.
- Must be able to motivate employees, exchange ideas and expectations in a productive manner, learn to be an adaptable and relatable leadership figure to others.
- Ability to promote win-win outcomes in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Industrial Engineering, SCM, Logistics & Transportation) or 5 (five) years equivalent advanced work as proven manager and/or related military experience.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or Technology preferred.
- Willing to review candidates with an associate degree only if candidate has a proven success record of five to seven (5-7) years equivalent management or supervisory experience in comparable role.
- Open to obtaining additional certification at the company’s request.
- Varying periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer – some may be prolonged periods.
- Must be able to perform the following: walking, standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, using hand-to-finger movement, balancing, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping for most of every day.
- May occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- There will be prolonged periods of standing and walking in the plant daily.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to all safety needs on the floor or in the office areas.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Willing to some (overnight) travel domestically and/or internationally.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- FSA Debit Card Plan
- Competitive PTO Plans
- ...and more!
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.