IT Production Application Specialist
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
IT Production Application Specialist
- Manages all production application to cover the requirements of the business.
- Integral part of the implementation of all production applications.
- Main contact person for Richmond production application IT issues, problems and requirements related to the production applications.
- Ensures at minimum the first and second level support.
- Willing to work onsite in a manufacturing and office setting.
- Responsible for user- and authorization management.
- Evaluate and prioritize user requirements and ensures coordination with Corporate IT.
- Translates user requirements into functional specifications.
- Writes and approves validation deliverable documentation such as user requirements, validation strategy documentation, testing plans and design documentation.
- Assists the business users with activities related to production software change requests, including creation and execution of test scripts to test business functionality, establishment of training plans and creation of user training documentation.
- Applies change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Consult with leadership, vendors and other co-workers in order to drive continuous improvement and introduction of IT 'best practices' into all areas of process, metrics, and performance.
- Ensures compliance with applicable company, state, and federal laws, statutes, and regulations, as appropriate.
- Document and recommend improvements, if necessary, for how the ERP application integrates with other applications and interfaced systems.
- Collaborate with peers to assure optimal resource deployment for the company as a whole.
- Flexibility and agility to respond quickly, effectively in a highly dynamic, changing environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in IT.
- 3-5 years consistent hands-on experience in the US.
- Previous hands-on working experience with production applications.
- Experience in Production/Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and high interest of productions systems and hardware setups based on the following systems and applications: Manufacturing Execution Systems, Laboratory information systems, Quality Management Applications, Process Information Systems for production environments.
- Knowledge of basics system administration like authorizations.
- Common continuing education certifications in his field of expertise.
- Project management skills, especially in agile environments.
- Knowledge of modern IT architecture principles (Microservices, distributed environments)
- Basic Programming knowledge like Java and SQL.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Azure environments, especially databases and application servers.
- This role is Exempt status and will also be expected to be available in case of emergencies after-hours.
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Must be able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Preferred (but not required):
- Strong experience with Process Optimization, Change Management and Business Transformation in an enterprise environment.
Special soft skills needed:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively influence others at all levels within an organization.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on global schedules, projects will traverse cross division/business globally
- Willingness to take personal responsibility
- Demonstrate customer service aptitudes
- Above average analytical skills
- Maintaining relations with other departments and external relations
- Effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team
- Proven problem-solving skills and high level of independence (in planning, organization, execution and control)
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems
- Passion for metals in general and for project results in specific as well as clear willingness for self-development
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, if required
- Comfortable “pivoting” quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability as an outstanding team player and a successful independent worker
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Master’s Degree is considered a plus but is not required.
- Must be willing and physically able to observe and walk in a smelter environment.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in varying cold and heat situations.
- Could have times that are prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct audits and/or walk-thrus.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Required to reach and grasp with hands and reach with arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Willing and physically able to travel domestically and/or internationally, if requested.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- FSA Debit Card Plan
- Competitive PTO Plans
- ...and more!
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.