- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 6,900 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are now excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
- Responsible for the daily liquidity and cash management as well as all financing requirements.
- Reconcile in- and outgoing payments and process all form of payments.
- Manage metal price risks and daily hedge open exposures by doing derivative transactions with headquarter in Germany or with the broker.
- Administer and settle open derivative transactions.
- Closely monitor commodity prices and FX markets.
- Monitor and cover credit risks with all business partners.
- Closely collaborate with your finance colleagues on accounting and controlling issues and support your commercial colleagues in all financial aspects, i.e., trade finance, payments, credit risk, metal price risk, fx risk etc.
- Maintain strong relationships with banks, brokers and Aurubis Corporate.
- Ensures compliance with treasury policies, procedures and controls.
- Assists in creating workflows, documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Responsible for recommending and then setting up and maintaining processes in your area of responsibility including an adequate control environment.
- Identify and recommend treasury-related business process improvements and implement together with Corporate Treasury.
- 5+ years of experience in treasury in the industrial sector, preferably with a metal background and/or several years of experience with a commodity broker or bank.
- 3-5 years consistent hands-on experience in the US.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and application of general accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Experience with COMEX (Commodity Exchange) and LME (London Metal Exchange).
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Must possess an excellent knowledge with MS 365, in particular MS Excel.
- Strong working and hands-on knowledge with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) Certificate
CPA / CMA Certificate
Special Soft Skills Needed:
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers and business partners and ability to effectively influence others at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills, including advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on global schedules and projects.
- Willingness to take personal responsibility.
- Above average analytical skills.
- Maintaining relations with other departments and external relations.
- Proven problem-solving skills and high level of independence.
- Ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems.
- Passion for metals in general and for project results in specific as well as clear willingness for self-development.
- Assertiveness, flexibility, a high commitment and the ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally for training and collaboration.
- Comfortable “pivoting” quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability as an outstanding team player and a successful independent worker who has proven to be reliable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Master’s Degree is considered a plus but is not required.
- Must be willing and physically able to observe and walk in a smelter environment.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in varying cold and heat situations.
- Could have times that are prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct audits and/or walk-through.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Required to reach and grasp with hands and reach with arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Willing and physically able to travel domestically and/or internationally, if requested.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- FSA Debit Card Plan
- Competitive PTO Plans
- ...and more!
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.