Contract Manager Large CapEx Projects (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
The Corporate Procurement division is responsible for sourcing all indirect materials, goods, and services. We serve as the interface between our company’s production sites and the procurement markets. We work to secure optimal procurement conditions and procurement support for CapEx projects – and to ensure that our sites are well supplied.
For our team at the Hamburg site, we are looking for a
Contract Manager Large CapEx Projects (m/f/d)
- In this position, you will support the project leader of our large CapEx projects as a commercial voice and full member of the project team.
- You will drive the procurement and contracting for the project scope and manage project-related tasks within our corporate procurement organization.
- Additionally, you will steer claim and change management in a cross-functional team with legal and engineering colleagues.
- You will manage processes and contractors, troubleshoot supplier issues as part of E2E responsibilities, and actively participate in budgeting processes and cost assessments.
- Furthermore, you will contribute to the development of the project timeline and work breakdown structure; re-evaluate regularly with contracting strategy and supply risks.
- You will identify and plan critical supply needs and coordinate requests with strategic procurement; report business-critical issues directly to SteerCo.
- Your responsibilities will also include advising engineering on technical specifications regarding market compatibility and fit with the supplier base.
- Assisting with contracting and negotiation in tandem with category management and other stakeholders completes your responsibilities.
- Finally, you will prepare RFQ/RFP documents and define contract SLAs and responsibilities with EPC/EPCM as well as support the final acceptance.
- university degree in business/economics, engineering or an equivalent qualification as well as several years of professional experience in a relevant field
- sound project management skills including relevant experience with tools (preferably PRINCE2)
- professional experience in managing commercial relationships in (mega-)projects – preferably in technical environments
- skills in managing lateral, matrix-organized teams
- detailed knowledge of handling commercial contracts in the EPC(M) environment
- excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- ability to develop commercial relationships across a range of cultures to ensure project delivery
- More than fair pay: Thanks to the tariff of the chemical industry, you can count on a top salary.
- In addition, we offer an employee share program, a company pension plan and a performance bonus.
- We give you 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- We provide you with a great deal of creative freedom to shape your work and support you in networking within the company.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: For megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition, our metals are the be-all and end-all.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- Last but not least, we offer a wide range of mobility solutions: e.g., JobRad, Deutschlandticket and a StadtRad station right in front of the office.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.