Team Leader Civil Group Engineering (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, a centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. Operational engineering support is hereby mission-critical to drive feasibility, basic and detailed engineering of strategic projects and thereby lay the foundation of Aurubis' future success.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
Team Leader Civil Group Engineering (m/f/d)
- Being part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO), you will be deployed to strategic projects supporting the respective basic and detailed engineering phase and manage projects in a legally secure manner regarding time, costs and quality.
- You will lead a team of civil project engineers. Managing topics should cover 10-20 % of your working time.
- Besides that, you assure the best fit of resources for the project needs and provide coaching and supervision in case additional technical project support is necessary.
- Additionally, you are responsible for the (basic and detailed) design of infrastructure measures including alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- You optimize the construction planning with regards to civil engineering regulations as well as to overarching health, safety and environmental objectives of the group.
- You also support project procurement in category management, review supplier offers (incl. drawings) critically, optimize RFx documents and take care of our claim management.
- Furthermore, you exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible solution for the respective strategic project.
- You monitor all construction works in preparation of the commissioning phase.
- You develop and maintain technical drawings and other engineering files.
- In addition, you tackle disruptions in your responsibility area with the aim of sustainably reducing downtimes.
- You ensure operational instructions and regulations, e.g. for occupational safety and environmental protection and the Aurubis Operation System (AOS).
- You assume a dedicated “expert role” and provide expert guidance for other strategic projects.
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree or degree in civil engineering or comparable.
- You have at least seven years of practical experience in related engineering/technology professions and working experience as a project engineer or sub-project manager of major CapEx projects (>10 Mio. EUR), ideally in an international engineering environment.
- You possess goal-driven and empathic leadership skills.
- Additionally, you have a profound understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements.
- Your English is business fluent. Excellent language skills in German, Bulgarian or Dutch would be beneficial.
- As an excellent communicator, you have the ability to do presentations in front of relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- You can trust in your professional experience with relevant software tools (e.g. MS 365 incl. MS Project, simulation software, ERP software).
- Moreover, you possess proven problem-solving skills and a high level of independency (in planning, organization, execution and controlling).
- You have the ability to make operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of the overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process.
- Furthermore, you can work under tight deadlines and high pressure while sustaining professional behavior.
- You are open for constructive feedback as well as willing to further develop yourself.
- In addition, you have strong teamwork skills and interest in new tasks and challenges as well as intercultural empathy.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- More than fair pay: Thanks to the tariff of the chemical industry, you can count on a top salary.
- In addition, we offer an employee share program, a company pension plan and a performance bonus.
- We give you 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- We provide you with a great deal of creative freedom to shape your work and support you in networking within the company.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: For megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition, our metals are the be-all and end-all.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- Last but not least, we offer a wide range of mobility solutions: e.g., JobRad, HVV ProfiTicket and a StadtRad station right infront of the office.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents in English with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.