Production Planning Manager
Greenfield Manufacturing Site
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are now excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, developing innovative solutions, and by positively affecting the lives of our employees.
The full-time position of PRODUCTION PLANNING MANAGER reports to the Supply Chain Management Director. It leads the Local Production Planning Team strategy and operational excellence in Aurubis Richmond. This includes (but is not limited to): improving service levels, reducing costs, and actively steering inventories by taking control of and managing assigned areas of local production planning of Aurubis Richmond. The successful candidate will have proven demonstration of holding all team players accountable for achieving established corporate division goals, including division profitability, inventory levels, product & process quality and accuracy, staff productivity, training, scheduling efficiencies, and the oversight of equipment and system performance and downtime, and identifying operational growth opportunities and consistently emphasize and expect employees’ focus on safety and environmental topics.
The position focuses on optimizing the production process to meet demand while minimizing costs and ensuring quality and safety. The Local Production Planning Manager is critical in coordinating different departments and stakeholders to ensure that the production process runs smoothly and that the organization can meet its business objectives. In addition, the goal is to ensure that production processes in Aurubis Richmond are efficient, effective, and aligned with the organization's goals and objectives. The manager is responsible for developing and implementing production plans, optimizing the feed mix, coordinating with the commercial team to ensure that raw materials are available, monitoring production output, and ensuring all stakeholders are informed and aligned with production schedules.
The successful candidate possesses a combination of technical, analytical, and leadership skills, can continuously prioritize, and shines in a challenging environment. This role supports the SCM Director and Aurubis Corporate in establishing a strategic direction and plan for supplier account growth within the company.
Production Planning Manager
Greenfield Manufacturing Site
- Responsible for all production planning activities of Aurubis Richmond (in Augusta, GA). (Strategic and hands-on management.)
- Responsible for leading the Production Planning Team.
- Responsible for all onsite and offsite planning activities to prepare an optimal feed mix that enables optimal performance for operations at maximum commercial profitability.
- Responsible for keeping all production planning up-to-date and adjusting in case of changes.
- Responsible for availability and correctness of the metallurgical controlling at the site Aurubis Richmond e.g., in the form of metal balances, metal inventories, inputs, and outputs.
- Responsible for the correct performance of all stock-taking activities, including their coordination.
- Responsible for achieving set KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for production planning.
- Process owner of all production planning activities.
- Management with cross-departmental coordinated KPIs (key figures) and control of compliance and measures development in case of deviation and their visualization according to the standards (AOS).
- Decide together with operations if certain materials can be processed.
- Supports and contributes to the simulation of metallurgical processes to improve metallurgical efficiency and optimize economic results.
- Orders chemical analysis of offered raw materials in a laboratory to clarify the potential use and consumption in the production and prevent unwanted impurities and contamination. The analysis results are shared with other sites where the raw material can be processed.
- Develop and implement production plans for Aurubis Richmond, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and that production targets are met.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to ensure that raw materials are available for production and that production schedules are aligned with procurement timelines.
- Work with the production team to ensure that all production processes are efficient and effective and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor production output and adjust production plans as needed to meet changing demand or production requirements.
- Ensure that production schedules are communicated effectively to all stakeholders, including the production and commercial (procurement and sales) teams, and group production planning.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that there is sufficient stock to meet demand while minimizing inventory costs.
- Work with the quality control team to ensure production meets quality standards and promptly addresses any issues.
- Analyze production data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and provide regular reports to management.
- Key-User and second-level support for Production Planning software which will include software implementations.
- This role is Exempt status and will be expected to be available in case of emergencies after-hours.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in related production planning or metallurgical professions.
- Proven work experience as a production planning manager or metallurgist, ideally in an international environment.
- A minimum of three (3) years of strong leadership skills have successfully motivated staff to meet operative targets while maintaining quality standards. (Result-oriented leadership approach).
- Possess a deep understanding of chemical or metallurgical (production) processes and requirements.
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis, reporting statistics, and preparing management presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Previous experience creating and presenting to various levels, including relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- Must be able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or the board of directors.
- Solid knowledge of environmental protection, occupational safety, and labor law standards.
- Must be conversant in current DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Strong computer skills (business system, email, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Outlook, OneDrive, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP) and product flows.
- If filled with an internal current employee of Aurubis, the individual must be willing to relocate to the US for a minimum of three (3) years with a possibility of extension upon approval, if needed.
- Knowledge of lean/process improvement methodologies
- APICS certification(s), a plus.
- Experience with a start-up of a plant is beneficial.
- Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings, and layouts.
- Speaking and listening language skills in a 2nd language is preferred, ideally German.
SPECIAL SOFT SKILLS NEEDED
- Individuals must thrive in a fast-paced environment in which he/she must be strategic yet tactical.
- Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to portray customer, business, and solution-focused leadership.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic– willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must exhibit a leader-coach mentality and act as a change agent with a team-oriented focus; proven commitment to change and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional communication skills – includes listening, leadership style, speaking, etc., to effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Must possess the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Capability to clearly present information and obtain others’ buy-ins.
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, an affinity for resourcefulness, and a self-driven entrepreneurial style.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict effectively.
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems.
- Possess a mindset that embraces challenge and change.
- Passion for metals in general and for specific project results and a clear willingness for self-development.
- Must be able to motivate employees, productively exchange ideas and expectations, and learn to be an adaptable and relatable leadership figure to others.
- Ability to promote win-win outcomes in the workplace
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Metallurgy, Material Science, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemistry, Operations Engineering, Business) or 5 (five) years of equivalent advanced work as a proven manager and/or related military experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Willing to review candidates with an associate degree only if the candidate has a proven success record of five to seven (5-7) years of equivalent management or supervisory experience in a comparable role.
- Open to obtaining additional certification at the company’s request.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.