(Senior) Electrical Project Engineer (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, our new centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. Operational engineering support is hereby mission-critical to drive feasibility, basic and detailed engineering of strategic projects and thereby lay the foundation of Aurubis future success.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
(Senior) Electrical Project Engineer (m/f/d)
- As part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO) you will be deployed to strategic projects supporting the respective basic and detailed engineering phase and manage projects in a legally secure manner regarding time, costs and quality.
- You will be responsible for the (basic and detailed) electrical system design and connection to utility including alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- Additionally, you will optimize the design of automation systems with regards to process security as well as easiness of operations and maintenance.
- You will support project procurement in category management, review supplier offers (including drawings) critically, optimize RFx documents and take care of claim management.
- Furthermore, you will exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible solution for the strategic project.
- You will monitor all electrical engineering work critically in preparation of the commissioning phase.
- Besides that, you will develop and maintain technical drawings and other engineering files.
- You tackle disruptions in your responsibility area with the aim of sustainably reducing disruption rates.
- In addition, you will ensure operational instructions and regulations, e.g. for occupational safety and environmental protection and the Aurubis Operation System (AOS).
- You assume a dedicated “expert role” and provide expert guidance for other strategic projects.
- You have successfully completed a Master’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering or a related field.
- You have at least 5–7 years of practical experience in related engineering/technology professions and work experience as a project engineer or sub-project manager of major CapEx projects (>10 Mio. EUR), ideally in an international engineering environment.
- An understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements would be a plus.
- Your English is business fluent and you have good language skills in German.
- As an excellent communicator, you are able to do presentations routinely in front of relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- You have the ability to make operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of the overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partial) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- More than fair pay: Thanks to the tariff of the chemical industry, you can count on a top salary.
- In addition, we offer an employee share program, a company pension plan and a performance bonus.
- We give you 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- We provide you with a great deal of creative freedom to shape your work and support you in networking within the company.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: For megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition, our metals are the be-all and end-all.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- Last but not least, we offer a wide range of mobility solutions: e.g., JobRad, Deutschlandticket and a StadtRad station right in front of the office.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents in English with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.