- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are now excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
The full-time position of an onsite PRODUCTION PLANNER reports to the Production Planning Manager and is responsible for developing and managing production schedules. This person will ensure that all resources are available to meet production goals and monitor the production process to identifying and address any issues that may arise in the facility. This includes actively steering inventories, improving service levels, reducing costs, and identifying operational growth opportunities by taking control of and managing assigned responsibilities of local production planning of the facility. A successful candidate will have a strong background in production planning, experience in the metallurgy industry, proven expertise in working in a fast-paced environment and a focus on safety and environmental topics. In addition, the successful candidate possesses a combination of technical and analytical skills, can continuously prioritize and shines in a challenging environment.
The position's focus is on optimizing the production process to meet demand while minimizing costs and ensuring quality and safety. The Production Planner plays a critical role in coordinating different departments and stakeholders to ensure that the production process is running smoothly, and that the organization can meet its business objectives. In addition, the goal is to ensure that production processes in Aurubis Richmond are efficient, effective, and aligned with the organization's goals and objectives. The planner is responsible for developing and implementing production plans, optimizing the feedmix, coordinating with the commercial team to ensure that raw materials are available, monitoring production output, and ensuring that all stakeholders are informed and aligned with production schedules.
- Responsible for all onsite and offsite planning activities to prepare an optimal feedmix which enables optimal performance for operations at maximum commercial profitability.
- Responsible for availability and correctness of the metallurgical controlling at the site Aurubis Richmond e.g., in the form of metal balances, metal inventories, inputs and outputs.
- Responsible for ensuring and coordinating all stock levels to meet business needs correct performance of all stock taking activities including its coordination.
- Responsible for achieving set KPIs for production planning.
- Supports Production Planning Manager in his ownership of all production planning activities.
- Management with cross-departmental coordinated KPIs (key figures) and control of compliance and measures development in case of deviation as well as their visualization according to the standards (AOS).
- Supports and contributes to the simulation of metallurgical processes to improve metallurgical efficiency and optimize economic results.
- Orders chemical analysis of offered possible raw materials in a laboratory to clarify the possible use and consumption in the production, but also to prevent unwanted impurities and contamination. The analysis results are shared with other sites where the respective raw material could also be processed.
- Develop and implement production plans for the Aurubis Richmond, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and that production targets are met.
- Monitor production output and adjust production plans as needed to meet changing demand or production requirements.
- Ensure that production schedules are communicated effectively to all stakeholders, including the production team, commercial (procurement and sales) team, and group production planning.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that there is sufficient stock to meet demand while minimizing inventory costs.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in related production planning or metallurgical professions.
- Proven work experience as a production planner or metallurgist, ideally in an international environment.
- Possess understanding of chemical or metallurgical (production) processes and requirements.
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis, reporting statistics, and preparing management presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Previous experience creating and presenting to various levels including relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- Must be able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Solid knowledge of environmental protection, occupational safety, and labor law standards.
- Must be conversant in current DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Strong computer skills (business system, email, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Outlook, OneDrive, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP) and product flows.
- If filled with an internal current employee of Aurubis, individual must be willing to relocate to the US for a minimum of three (3) years with a possibility of extension upon approval, if needed.
- Knowledge of lean/process improvement methodologies
- APICS certification(s), a plus.
- Experience with a start-up of a plant is beneficial.
- Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings, and layouts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Metallurgy, Material Science, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemistry, Operations Engineering, Business) or 3 (five) years equivalent advanced work as production planner and/or related field, including military experience.
- Master’s Degree is considered a plus but is not required.
- Open to obtaining additional certification at the company’s request.
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to perform the following: walking, standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, using hand-to-finger movement, balancing, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping for most of every day.
- May occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.