- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are now excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
The full-time position of an onsite SHREDDER SUPERVISOR reports to the Quality Team Manager. This person will lead the shredder operations team and will be responsible for operating the shredder equipment effectively. This person will also be required to establish an atmosphere of operational excellence within the team, feeding shredders with excavators or wheel loaders, operating, cleaning, and maintaining different shredder equipment and supervising automatic sampling of raw materials. A successful candidate will have proven demonstration of day-to-day operations in operating shredder equipment (preferably electronic scraps) paired with exceptional leadership skills, is committed to quality and accuracy in performing assigned tasks, used to work in shifts, and is focused on safety and environmental topics.
The position’s focus is the execution, coordination, monitoring, as well as continuous optimization of workflows within material pre-processing with a focus on recycling raw materials for non-ferrous metallurgy.
- Organize, coordinate, and carry out a limited number of largely recurring, defined activities in the material pre-processing department, such as but not limited to feeding, operating, cleaning, and maintaining various industrial shredder equipment.
- The operation also includes cleaning and, if necessary, simple maintenance work. The employee usually performs his tasks according to clear instructions.
- Securing separation of different batches to avoid contaminations.
- Feeding shredders with excavators or wheel loaders; handling material with forklifts, high lift stackers or cranes from time to time. Must be able to drive listed mobile equipment.
- Supervising automatic sampling of raw materials to generate representative samples.
- Inspection of the sampling material for hazards, e.g., hollow bodies with water inclusion, ammunition, etc. after training.
- Operating sampling equipment such as but not limited to heating cabinets, scales.
- Registering material flows in corresponding IT-systems.
- Coordinating and executing stock taking activities in respective areas of responsibility.
- Complying with company instructions e.g., on health & safety, environmental protection.
- Complying with company rules and regulations.
- Reviews, and adjusts instructions whenever necessary.
- Knowing and understanding the processes and procedures in the direct field of activity
- Assuring quality and actively participating in continuous improvement programs.
- Coordination and communication of material flows and assessments within and across department.
- Must successfully communicate, interact, and interface with international and domestic employees of various levels regarding operational and non-operational topics. Examples of roles include (but not limited to): sampling, logistics, laboratory, sample preparation, engineers, production, maintenance, customer services, purchasing.
- Contact external suppliers or their representatives, internal customers, purchasing and customer service department, to identify, research, analyze and resolve challenges.
- Acts in an industrial environment with high level of compliancy rules (safety, environment, quality).
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in related shredder operations/ sampling/ estimation/ sample preparation professions.
- Proven leadership experience with demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Proven work experience in operating industrial shredders ideally in an international environment.
- Possess driving license for at least one of the following: forklifts, wheel loader, excavator, crane.
- Deep understanding of processes within sampling of raw metal containing materials.
- Basic computer skills (business system, email, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Solid knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices in the workplace.
- Solid knowledge of environmental protection, occupational safety, and labor law standards.
- If filled with an internal current employee of Aurubis, individual must be willing to relocate to the US for a minimum of three (3) years with a possibility of extension upon approval, if needed.
- Must be conversant in current DOT and OSHA regulations.
SPECIAL SOFT SKILLS NEEDED
- Individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment and must be strategic yet tactical.
- Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to portray customer, business, and solution focused leadership.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must exhibit a leader-coach mentality and act as a change agent with a team-oriented focus; proven commitment to change and continuous improvement.
- High communication skills – includes listening, leadership style, speaking, etc. to effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Must possess the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Capability to clearly present information and obtain others’ buy-ins.
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people.
- Varying periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer – some may be prolonged periods.
- Must be able to perform the following: walking, standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, using hand-to-finger movement, balancing, reaching, twisting, turning, and stooping for most of every day.
- May occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- There will be prolonged periods of standing and walking in the plant daily.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to all safety needs on the floor or in the office areas.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.