(Senior) Process Project Engineer (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, a centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. Smooth coordination between commercial, technical / operational and especially funding aspects is hereby mission critical. We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
(Senior) Process Project Engineer (m/f/d)
- As part of the Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO) you will be deployed to strategic projects collaborating with R&D to further develop R&D projects into engineering projects.
- You will prepare calculation models, mass balances and process flow diagrams as well as conceptual and feasibility studies.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for the (basic and detailed) equipment specification and design, including alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- You will optimize the layout and design with regards to processes as well as easiness of operations and maintenance.
- You will support project procurement in category management, review supplier offers (including drawings) critically, optimize RFx documents and take care of claim management.
- Additionally, you will exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible design/layout solution for the strategic project.
- You will monitor all construction work and review project execution critically in preparation of the commissioning phase.
- You assume a dedicated “expert role” (e.g. for Top Blown Rotary Converter / TBRC) and provide expert guidance for other strategic projects.
- You have successfully completed a Master’s or diploma degree in metallurgy, mechanical engineering or comparable.
- You have at least 5–7 years of practical experience in related engineering/technology professions and work experience as a project or production engineer, ideally in an international engineering environment.
- In addition, you have a profound understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements.
- Your English is business fluent. Excellent language skills in German, Bulgarian or Dutch would be an advantage.
- As an excellent communicator you are able to do presentations in front of relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- You can rely on your professional experience with relevant software tools (e.g. MS 365 incl. MS Project, simulation software, ERP software).
- You possess proven problem-solving skills and a high level of independency (in planning, organization, execution and controlling).
- Furthermore, you have the ability to make operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives under consideration of the overall Aurubis strategy in the decision-making process.
- You can work under tight deadlines and high pressure while sustaining professional behavior.
- You are open to constructive feedback in the background of an international working environment and willing to develop yourself.
- You have strong teamwork skills, an interest in new tasks and challenges, and intercultural empathy.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partial) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- More than fair pay: Thanks to the tariff of the chemical industry, you can count on a top salary.
- In addition, we offer an employee share program, a company pension plan and a performance bonus.
- We give you 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- We provide you with a great deal of creative freedom to shape your work and support you in networking within the company.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: For megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition, our metals are the be-all and end-all.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- Last but not least, we offer a wide range of mobility solutions: e.g., JobRad, Deutschlandticket and a StadtRad station right in front of the office.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents in English with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.