Material Handler Supervisor
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
The position’s focus is the coordination, monitoring, as well as continuous optimization and execution of workflows within material handling with a focus on recycling raw materials for non-ferrous metallurgy. This includes organizing, coordinating, and leading material handling shifts for all heavy mobile equipment such as forklifts, wheel loaders, and excavators while maximizing efficiency, balancing costs, and setting quality benchmarks. This role supports the Logistics Manager in establishing operational excellence in Aurubis Richmond.
Material Handler Supervisor
- Responsible for all on-site material handling activities of Aurubis Richmond (in Augusta, GA), including but not limited to unloading and loading of trucks and intralogistics.
- Organize, coordinate, and carry out activities in the material handling department, such as but not limited to unloading of trucks, storing, and documenting material flows, loading trucks, and maintaining various heavy mobile equipment.
- Operating heavy mobile equipment such as but not limited to forklifts, wheel loaders, excavators is required.
- The operation also includes cleaning and, if necessary, simple maintenance work. The employee usually performs his tasks according to clear instructions.
- Securing separation of different batches to avoid contamination.
- Registering material flows in corresponding IT-systems.
- Key-User and first-level support for relevant logistics software.
- Coordinating and executing stock taking activities in respective areas of responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in related logistics professions.
- Proven leadership experience with demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Proven work experience in operating heavy mobile equipment, ideally in an international environment.
- Possess driving license for at least one of the following: forklifts, wheel loader, excavator, crane.
- Deep understanding of processes in material handling.
- Knowledge of lean/process improvement methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices in the workplace.
- Solid knowledge of environmental protection, occupational safety, and labor law standards.
- If filled with an internal current employee of Aurubis, individual must be willing to relocate to the US for a minimum of three (3) years with a possibility of extension upon approval, if needed.
- Must be conversant in current DOT and OSHA regulations.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
Aurubis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.