Mechanical Team Supervisor
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis – our passion is metallurgy. We are one of the world's leading multi-metal companies and one of the largest copper recyclers in the world. We produce metals of the highest purity from complex metal concentrates, scrap metals and metal-containing recycled materials. These are the basis for important megatrends such as digitization, renewable energies, e-mobility or urbanization. Aurubis employs around 6,900 people worldwide at locations in Europe and the USA. Become part of our team and drive progress together with us!
We are excitedly seeking positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively affecting the lives of our employees.
Our company is seeking an experienced onsite Mechanical Team Supervisor to join our team. In this role, you will oversee a team of mechanical technicians and ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the mechanical team, scheduling work, and ensuring that all safety protocols are followed.
Pays up to 100k per year
Mechanical Team Supervisor
- Manage a team of mechanical technicians and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Develop and implement project plans and schedules and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the highest quality standards, and that all safety protocols are followed.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that project requirements are met
- Train and mentor team members to enhance their skills and knowledge
- Evaluate team members' performance and provide feedback to improve performance
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Stay up to date with industry developments and technologies to improve team performance and efficiency.
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering or a related field
- Prior experience managing a team of mechanical technicians or engineers
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Knowledge of CAD software and other mechanical design tools
- Understanding of industry standards and regulations related to mechanical engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Special Soft Skills Needed
- Must exhibit exemplary communication skills.
- Must exhibit a leader-coach mentality and act as a change agent with a team-oriented focus.
- Effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Gives and takes constructive feedback.
- Proven problem-solving skills and high level of independence (in planning, organization, execution and control).
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems.
- Organizational skills to be able to oversee the entire production process.
- Mindset of challenging and embracing change.
- Ability to keep a cool head even in stressful situations. Comfortable “pivoting” quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Able to successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability as an outstanding team player and a successful independent worker.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field; Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Must be willing and physically able to walk/work in, observe and spend time in a smelter environment.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in intense heat situations.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, climbing, balancing, crouching and kneeling.
- May have prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, in meetings or presenting and training.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct audits and/or walk-throughs.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Required to reach and grasp with hands and reach with arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to respond to any safety incident quickly and effectively and/or accident including First Responder duties.
- Willing and physically able to travel domestically and/or internationally, if requested.
- This is an extensively physical role.
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.