Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
To implement our digital strategy with the support of our Analytics Center of Excellence we are looking for you at our Hamburg site as
Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
- You implement group-wide Data Science projects in cooperation with production and our commercial departments.
- You apply Machine Learning algorithms to generate operational business value.
- You collaborate with Data Engineers to bring models into production.
- You provide analyses and visualizations to stakeholders (e.g. dashboards, reports).
- You evaluate and introduce new technologies and best practices.
- You contribute Data Science expertise to “Digital Factory”, the digital transformation program at Aurubis.
- You lead projects and manage interfaces with stakeholders.
- You have a master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences, information technology or equivalent; PhD is a plus.
- You have at least three years of hands-on experience, preferably in an industrial company.
- You have strong expertise in Machine Learning and statistics.
- You have thorough knowledge and practical experience with Python Data Science stack (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow/PyTorch).
- Familiarity with Big Data Technologies and Cloud Solutions is desirable.
- You have experience with Deep Learning and industrial time-series sensor data is a plus.
- Being active in the Data Science community (e.g. Open Source, Stack Exchange, Kaggle, …) is a strong plus.
- You have team spirit yet high degree of independence.
- You have passion for industrial manufacturing / IIoT / Industry 4.0.
- Excellent command of English; strong command of German is required.
- Working in a forward-looking industry and for a sustainable future: our metals are essential for megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition.
- More than fair pay: thanks to the chemical industry pay scale, you can count on a top salary.
- We also offer you a company pension scheme and performance-related pay.
- Combine your professional and private life through mobile and flexible working within Germany. You can work mobile up to 3 days a week.
- Relaxation is important to us! With us you get 30 days of vacation.
- Benefit from our company health promotion program. We have a company doctor on site and our preventive health check-ups, vaccinations and physiotherapy services ensure that you stay fit.
- Enjoy a variety of meals in one of our two company canteens.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- Your future is a fixed part of our program: in regular employee appraisals, we determine your next steps together.
- Our mobility services keep you on the move: JobRad, Deutschlandticket, a StadtRad station right outside our door and bicycle boxes at the Veddel S-Bahn station.
- We offer you support in finding accommodation: Aurubis AG has a large number of apartments in Hamburg districts such as Winterhude, Harvestehude, Rothenbaum, Uhlenhorst and Alsterdorf. Future and current Aurubis employees have priority when renting and do not have to pay a deposit during their employment.
Apply in just a few minutes and upload your CV. A streamlined process and prompt feedback are important to us, so we will get back to you shortly after reviewing your documents. If we are convinced by your application, we will invite you to a video interview via MS Teams. This will be followed by a personal interview at our premises. If both sides agree, you will receive a contract offer from us and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.