Senior Manager Large CapEx Projects (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects to further grow its core business. In this context, our centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. A smooth coordination between commercial, technical/operational and especially funding aspects is hereby mission critical.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as a
Senior Manager Large CapEx Projects (m/f/d)
- Being a part of Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO) you take responsibility for the efficient and successful realization of a large-scale, high complexity CapEx project and related workstreams.
- You will plan, coordinate, monitor and proactively communicate relevant project milestones to key stakeholders.
- You ensure to reach all relevant project objectives, such as legal, health & safety, sustainability, environment, quality, time schedule and budget.
- Additionally, you take different perspectives to create solutions that are aligned with the overall Aurubis strategy.
- You are committed to further develop the professional and personal skills of your team members leveraging performance management and talent development tools.
- Furthermore, you provide individual project members and the whole team with adequate and challenging objectives while nurturing commitment of the project team.
- You are going to proactively track performance, hold the team accountable for results and provide feedback.
- You enable reliable collaboration between all project stakeholders by supporting discussions, elaborating consensus solutions and encouraging others to engage and communicate independently.
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree or diploma in industrial, automation, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering or a comparable field.
- Besides that, you have at least 10 years of project leadership experience, leading complex CapEx projects.
- You have a successful track record of managing complex CapEx projects (min. 2 of a volume of >50 Mio. EUR).
- Additionally, you have a profound understanding of chemical, petrochemical and/or metallurgical production processes.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English (C level).
- You possess proven problem-solving skills and a high level of independency.
- Furthermore, you have professional experience in leading teams with team members of different cultural backgrounds.
- You make strategic and operative trade-off decisions to accomplish project objectives.
- Apart from that, you fully understand operational and financial KPIs.
- You contribute a robust set of modern project management skills (preferably acc. to PRINCE2).
- Moreover, you exhibit high levels of ambition and passion for results and a clear willingness for self-development.
- You have strong teamwork skills and an interest in new tasks and challenges.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployment to a respective project location round off your profile.
- More than fair pay: Thanks to the tariff of the chemical industry, you can count on a top salary.
- In addition, we offer a company pension plan and a performance bonus.
- We give you 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- We provide you with a great deal of leeway to shape your work and support you in networking within the company.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: For megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition, our metals are the be-all and end-all.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- Last but not least, we provide you with a wide range of mobility solutions: e.g., JobRad, Deutschlandticket and a StadtRad station right in front of the office.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.