Global Category Manager (m/f/d)
- Full-time, Part-Time
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
The Corporate Procurement division is responsible for sourcing all indirect materials, goods, and services. We serve as the interface between our company’s production sites and the procurement markets. We work to secure optimal procurement conditions and procurement support for CapEx projects – and to ensure that our sites are well supplied.
For our team at the Hamburg site, we are looking in full-time or part-time for a
Global Category Manager (m/f/d)
- In this position, you will lead the global strategic sourcing activities in the area of construction and plant engineering to achieve significant cost reductions and introduce supplier innovation while maintaining or improving quality and service levels.
- You will work closely with key stakeholders and tandem partners (e.g., in operations) to source goods and services, develop effective cost reduction strategies and implement plans – you will act as key account for international locations and manage the internal and external interfaces.
- Additionally, you will develop, create, implement and secure the execution of the procurement strategy for the responsible global/hybrid categories and support supplier innovation.
- Furthermore, you will review, analyze and optimize specifications with the goal of developing procurement alternatives.
- Conducting market analyses, RFI, RFQ processes and procurement auctions will be part of your responsibilities.
- You prepare, moderate and implement cross-location or group-wide procurement initiatives and projects.
- In addition, you will conduct international contract negotiations, mostly in English, with a group-wide mandate.
- You will prepare and implement supplier evaluation audits and supplier reviews.
- You have successfully completed a master’s or bachelor's degree, preferably in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or economics.
- In addition, you have at least >5 years of responsibility and >10 years of work experience in the procurement area, ideally in a global organization.
- You have a strong commercial and technical understanding and knowledge of project management, change management and international contract law.
- Good knowledge of SAP R/3 and/or S/4HANA, Ariba and MS 365 is required.
- You are fluent in English and preferably German.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as the ability to manage and interact in teams should be given.
- You possess exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to construct/execute multiple complex analyses (e.g., TCO, NPV, cost-price analyses).
- Strong teamworking skills and an initiative attitude round off your profile.
- Contribute your skills, experience and creativity to an exciting industrial company!
- We provide a great deal of leeway to shape your work and a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Additionally, we communicate with our colleagues on an equal footing and develop innovative solutions together in an international environment.
- Benefit from flexible working hours, attractive compensation and company mobility solutions (e.g., JobRad, HVV-ProfiTicket) as well as comprehensive social benefits including a company pension scheme!
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.