- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis – our passion is metallurgy. We are one of the world's leading multi-metal companies and one of the largest copper recyclers in the world. Aurubis employs around 6900 people worldwide at locations in Europe and the USA. Become part of our team and drive progress together with us!
We are now excitedly seeking to fill positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively effecting the lives of our employees.
A Supervisor at the smelting and refining facilities of Aurubis Richmond takes the responsibility over a team of production operators. The team consists out of (6) production operators, (1) ladle and ingot preparation operator and (1) waste water and off gas treatment operator
He/she will assist and guide the operators. He/she will follow up the work of the operators, give advice and/or help when needed. The Supervisor gives instructions to the operators and he/she will make a schedule for the operators. He is responsible for the education of new operators, takes part in educational training himself and delegates training-on-the-job throughout his team.
The Supervisor will execute the same tasks as the production operators.
He/ she is responsible for operating the production process with his team according to the goals in terms of timing, production schedule and material throughout given by the production management. A comprehensive and profound knowledge of the production equipment and processes are his/ her base for an optimal performance.
Following process steps are in scope for the Supervisor:
- Day bin system and overhead crane
- TBRC smelting, refining and converting
- Lead tin alloy furnace (3 stage reduction) - Ladle treatment stand operation - Separation furnace and slag granulation - Copper ingot casting, Lead Tin ingot casting - Waste water and off gas treatment - And other production related processes.
Required Qualifications for External applicants:
- Work experience in an operational environment is a bonus.
- Driver license for industrial trucks (or willing to obtain it)
- Driving license for the overhead crane and other lifting devices in the production area (or willing to obtain it)
- Operating a oxygen burner lance - Operating license for a demolition robot (or willing to obtain it) - OSHA awareness is a plus
Required Qualifications for Internal applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or minimum of 12 years of
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with Aurubis Group, showcasing your familiarity with the
company's operations and values.
- Significant experience in Aurubis' line of business, with a track record of at least 6+ years in this field.
- Specialization in a niche area, such as 3 years of dedicated copper-related experience, which demonstrates your in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
- Possession of substantial related training certificates, either from received or provided training, highlighting your commitment to professional development.
- Willingness to take responsibility and make decisions within the equipment and process margins
- Open minded, likes teamwork, result driven, eager to learn, …
- Role model in safety performance, environmental protection and quality awareness
- Reliability, ability to take decisions, open minded for change processes
- Very good proven Leadership competence, can built up and lead a team
- Being self reflecting and open for criticism
- Experience with relevant software tools (e.g., MS Office, SAP software)
- Adapt ability to work with production Software HMI-process control software, Pi-Process book, MES, SAP, LIMS
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.