Electrical Engineer (Richmond)
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis – our passion is metallurgy. We are one of the world's leading multi-metal companies and one of the largest copper recyclers in the world. We produce metals of the highest purity from complex metal concentrates, scrap metals and metal-containing recycled materials. These are the basis for important megatrends such as digitization, renewable energies, e-mobility or urbanization. Aurubis employs around 6,900 people worldwide at locations in Europe and the USA. Become part of our team and drive progress together with us!
Aurubis -Richmond is a greenfield site. A greenfield project can describe any project that a team starts from scratch. Your team will heavy rely on you to build and help create policy and procedures.
We are excitedly seeking positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively affecting the lives of our employees.
Electrical Engineer (Richmond)
As an Electrical Engineering lead on our recycling plant design team, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation, and optimization of the plant's electrical systems, including power supply, distribution, and backup. You will manage an external design/engineering firm and work closely with the design team to ensure that the electrical systems are integrated into the plant design seamlessly. You will leverage strong collaboration and communication skills to ensure that the plant's electrical systems are optimized for safety, efficiency, and reliability.
Eletrical design, review & approval
- Supervise design/engineering firm in (basic and detailed) electrical system design and connection to utility, including alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and oversee all electrical engineering design and construction activities, ensuring that standard Aurubis standards are adapted for site/project-specific needs.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines to ensure that all systems are integrated and functioning properly. Review electrical engineering designs and calculations to ensure that they are safe, efficient, and in compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Work with external design/engineering firm to identify & resolve electrical engineering issues and escalate as necessary.
Engineering contractor management: Manage the external design/engineering firm to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of all projects.
- Support of project procurement in category management, critical review of supplier offers (incl. drawings), optimization of RFx documents and claims management, as well as project PMO in cost, schedule, document, & change control functions
- Exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible electrical system solution for Project Richmond
- Support critical review of project execution and preparation of commissioning phase & critical monitoring of all construction work.
- Supervise maintenance of standards, procedures, and documentation related to the electrical systems required to provide training to operations teams as needed.
- Collaborate with the design team and other internal stakeholders to ensure that the electrical systems are aligned with overall business objectives and requirements.
- 7+ years of experience in electrical engineering in the construction industry, including at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience managing teams and coordinating with other engineering disciples.
- Master in electrical in engineering or related field.
- Competitive 401(k) with company match
- Competitive PTO plan
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD / LTD / Basic Life
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.