Senior Mechanical & Equipment Engineer
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Senior Mechanical & Equipment Engineer
As Mechanical & Equipment Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation, and optimization of the plant's mechanical & equipment systems, including equipment selection, layout design, etc. You will manage an external engineering consultant and work closely with the design team to ensure that the mechanical & equipment systems are integrated into the plant design seamlessly. This role will require strong collaboration and communication skills to ensure mechanical systems are optimized for safety, efficiency, and reliability.
Mechanical & Equipment design, review, & approval:
- Supervise external design/engineering firm in (basic and detailed) equipment layout and design, including alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise design & implementation of the plant's mechanical & equipment systems, including equipment selection, layout design, and HVAC systems, ensuring that Aurubis standards are adapted to site/project needs.
- Work with the external design/engineering firm to ensure that the mechanical & equipment systems are integrated into the plant design.
- Work with external design/engineering firm to ensure that the layout and design are optimized for safety, efficiency, & reliability (e.g., process security, as well as easiness of operations and maintenance)
Engineering contractor management:
- Manage the external design/engineering firm to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of all project milestones.
- Support project procurement in critical review of supplier offers (incl. drawings), optimization of RFx documents and claims management, as well as project PMO in cost, schedule, document, & change control functions
- Exchange with suppliers to identify the best possible design/layout solution for the Project Richmond in line with safety and project schedule & budget requirements.
- Support critical review of project execution and preparation of commissioning phase & critical monitoring of all construction work.
- Support document creation to support training of operations teams as needed.
- Collaborate with the design team and other internal stakeholders to ensure that the mechanical & equipment systems are aligned with overall business objectives and requirements.
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience managing external engineering consultants.
- Experience with major mech. equipment included in smelting process preferred.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to manage and motivate teams effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to perform in a cross-cultural setting.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
Special Soft Skills Needed
- Highly organized with strong attention to details and technicalities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and quantitative skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.