- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis – our passion is metallurgy. We are one of the world's leading multi-metal companies and one of the largest copper recyclers in the world. We produce metals of the highest purity from complex metal concentrates, scrap metals and metal-containing recycled materials. These are the basis for important megatrends such as digitization, renewable energies, e-mobility or urbanization. Aurubis employs around 6,900 people worldwide at locations in Europe and the USA. Become part of our team and drive progress together with us!
Aurubis -Richmond is a greenfield site. A greenfield project can describe any project that a team starts from scratch. Your team will heavy rely on you to build and help create policy and procedures.
We are excitedly seeking positions at our newest facility located in Augusta, GA (Richmond County). We are committed to leading the way by influencing a sustainable future for our communities, by developing innovative solutions and by positively affecting the lives of our employees.
As Process Engineering Lead, you will coordinate with and manage external engineering firms for the provision of engineering solutions, process designs, and equipment engineering for Project Richmond. This includes ensuring that all project milestones related to process engineering are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner and in accordance with Aurubis quality and safety standards, as well as providing process engineering technical review & approval and providing technical support to construction teams during execution phase.
Process design development, review, & approval:
- Incoordination with GEO and Project Richmond engineering teams, supervise external engineering firms to adapt standard Aurubis manufacturing processes and process improvements to site/project requirements.
- Supervise external engineering team delivery of (basic and detailed) equipment specs. & design (align with relevant stakeholders).
- Supervise design/engineering firm in preparing conceptual and feasibility studies, calculation models, mass balances and process flow diagrams – supervise the maintenance of documentation related to process designs, improvements, and be able to support training of production operation teams as needed.
- Coordinate with design/engineering firm and operations team to ensure optimization of layout & design with regards to processes as well as ease of ops and maintenance
- Participate in design package reviews, HAZOPs, and ensure identified risk/mitigation measures are implemented in the design development.
- Support critical review of project execution and preparation of commissioning phase & critical monitoring of all construction work.
- Support document creation to support training of operations teams as needed.
Engineering contractor management:
- Manage the external engineering consultant for process design to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of all project milestones.
- Support project procurement in category management, critical review of supplier offers (incl. drawings), optimization of RFx documents and claims management, as well as project PMO in cost, schedule, document, & change control functions
- Exchange with suppliers to support Procurement to identify the best possible vendors for the Project Richmond
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to perform in a cross-cultural setting.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details and technicalities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and quantitative skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience managing external engineering consultants.
- Experience in design of recycling facilities, smelters or related field required.
- Working knowledge of quality control systems (ISO 9001, etc.) and safety standards (OSHA, etc.)
Special Soft Skills Needed
- Strong understanding of chemical, mechanical, and industrial engineering principles, as well as experience in process design and optimization
- Smelting-specific expertise & familiarity with the Aurubis TBRC process preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering, Metallurgy or comparable;
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification could be advantageous.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License or other ASME certification is preferred
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.