Supplier Development Manager
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Supplier Development Manager
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, fostering open communication, collaboration, and trust
- Willing to travel to conduct quality audits on various suppliers.
- Develop and implement supplier performance metrics and scorecards to regularly assess quality, on-time delivery, cost, and other critical factors.
- Collaborate with suppliers on-site to identify areas for improvement and implement continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product quality and reduce costs.
- Conduct regular supplier audits to ensure adherence to quality, safety, and ethical standards. Ensure suppliers are compliant with all applicable regulations and certifications.
- Assess and mitigate supply chain risks, proactively identifying potential disruptions and developing contingency plans.
- Collaborate with suppliers to identify cost-saving opportunities and negotiate favorable terms and pricing agreements.
- Provide guidance and support to suppliers to help them meet our quality and performance expectations, including training and process improvement assistance.
- Work with suppliers to implement sustainable and environmentally responsible practices, in alignment with Aurubis Richmond’s sustainability goals.
- Collaborate with various internal teams, including procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to ensure alignment and drive supplier development initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, engineering, business, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 7-10 years of proven experience in supplier development, procurement, or supply chain management.
- Strong understanding of supplier quality management and improvement methodologies.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and data-driven decision-making abilities.
- Familiarity with sustainability and ethical sourcing practices.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.