Contract Manager (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
The Corporate Procurement division is responsible for sourcing all indirect materials, goods, and services. We serve as the interface between our company’s production sites and the procurement markets. We work to secure optimal procurement conditions and procurement support for CapEx projects and to ensure that our sites are well supplied.
For our team at the Hamburg site, we are looking for a
Contract Manager (m/f/d)
- In this position, you will support the project lead as commercial voice and full project team member.
- You will manage project related tasks along the corporate procurement department.
- You will conduct the claim and change management in a cross-functional team with legal and engineering.
- Furthermore, you will manage processes and contractors and support the contracting and negotiation in tandem with the Global Category Manager
- You take on the role of a problem solver when difficulties arise with suppliers
- You will identify and plan supply needs and coordinate requests with strategic procurement considering milestones, KPIs, long lead items, critical suppliers and critical parts.
- You will consult engineering with technical specifications regarding market compatibility and fit to supplier base.
- Finally, you will support the final acceptance und contribute to lessons learnt for procurement and supplier topics.
- University degree in business, engineering or equivalent qualification of professional experience.
- First work experience in procurement
- Willingness to manage relationships in projects.
- Knowledge of handling commercial contracts is an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel (up to 10%).
- Strong, cross-cultural communication skills, coupled with the ability to work as a part of a team on multiple projects.
- Business fluent communication in German and English.
- Working in a forward-looking industry and for a sustainable future: our metals are essential for megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition.
- We offer you work with real benefits - the metals in the device you're reading this with might even come from us!
- More than fair pay: thanks to the chemical industry pay scale, you can count on a top salary.
- We also offer you a company pension scheme and a performance-related bonus.
- As an extra, we also offer vacation and Christmas bonuses in the tariff area.
- Work-life balance is just as important to us as it is to you. That's why your working week with us is based on 37.5 hours.
- Combine your professional and private life with mobile working within Germany: spend up to three-fifths of your standard working hours wherever you want.
- Rest is important to us! With us, you get 30 days of vacation and up to 3 additional days off in the tariff area.
- With our mobility offers you are always well on the way: JobRad, Deutschlandticket, a StadtRad station directly in front of our door and bicycle boxes at the Veddel S-Bahn station.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.