Cost Estimator Group Engineering (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Aurubis will continue its investments in strategic large CapEx projects in order to further grow its core business and expand into additional markets while sustaining its current profitability and sustainability. In this context, a centralized Group Engineering Organization (GEO) serves as a key enabler providing expertise and enhanced execution capabilities to the group for the successful implementation of strategic projects. Development, implementation and controlling of governance rules for these projects is key in order to lay the foundation for successful Aurubis projects.
We are looking for you to support our team in Hamburg as
Cost Estimator Group Engineering (m/f/d)
- As part of the Aurubis’ Group Engineering Organization (GEO), you are responsible for performing and reviewing cost estimates for (major) capex projects.
- While performing the estimate, you will review and consider the confidence level of the engineering, quantify risks and review allowances and contingencies. Thereby, the basis for investment decisions within the stage-gated investment process will be improved.
- You support capex projects with cost estimates at all stages of the project life cycle e.g., by reviewing and challenging estimates provided by contractors.
- Additionally, you assess changes and challenge claims from contractors against Aurubis.
- You will collaborate with multiple project teams on all our global sites.
- As part of your activities, you are responsible to establish a cost estimation and risk quantification process, develop benchmarks and a reference database.
- Therefore, you must maintain the established database for current unit rates and typical equipment costs.
- You will be responsible to keep track of trends in markets and cost development for engineering plants.
- Promoting and generating acceptance for the introduced methods across cultural boundaries will be your key to strengthening cross-site collaboration.
- You have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a comparable field.
- You have proven practical experience in related engineering/technology professions and work experience as a cost estimator and/or claim-manager in large CapEx projects as well as conflict resolution in an international context.
- You have knowledge of typical contracting models like BoQ (Bill of Quantity), GMP (Guaranteed max. price), LSTK (Lump-sum).
- An understanding of chemical or metallurgical production processes and requirements would be a plus.
- Your English is business fluent and you have good language skills in German.
- As an excellent communicator, you can deliver presentations routinely to relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- You possess proven problem-solving skills as well as a high degree of self-organization (in planning, organization, implementation and control).
- You are a convincing personality with the ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility for (partially) international deployments to a respective project location round off your profile.
- Working in a future-oriented industry: our metals are essential for megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition.
- Recycling is part of our core business. With us, you contribute to making the world more sustainable.
- More than fair pay: thanks to the chemical industry pay scale, you can count on a top salary.
- Combine your professional and private life with flexible and mobile working within Germany.
- Relaxation is important to us! With us you get 30 days of vacation.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- You can make a big difference with us thanks to a great deal of creative freedom and a high level of personal responsibility.
- With our mobility offers, you are always well on the way: JobRad, Deutschlandticket, a StadtRad station right outside our door and bicycle boxes at the Veddel S-Bahn station.
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via online application only.
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.