SAP Inventory Supervisor
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
SAP Inventory Supervisor
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented On-site SAP Inventory Supervisor to join our team. As an Lead SAP Inventory Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing a small group of clerks and optimizing our inventory management processes through the utilization of the SAP systems. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in SAP modules related to inventory management, a deep understanding of inventory management, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Utilize SAP modules to manage receiving inventory, transactions, stock levels, and movements.
- Oversee and optimize the receiving process, ensuring accurate recording of incoming materials and seamless integration with inventory management.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the inventory and receiving management workflow and implement efficiency measures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to streamline processes and enhance overall supply chain performance.
- Conduct regular analysis of inventory and receiving data to identify trends, forecast demand, and prevent stockouts or overstock situations a long with stockouts.
- Generate reports and key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate inventory performance and provide actionable insights.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including procurement, logistics, and finance, to ensure seamless coordination of inventory and receiving related activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to address inventory-related queries and issues such as kitting and operational needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert, assisting team members in troubleshooting and resolving inventory-related challenges.
- Provide training and support to end-users on SAP inventory management processes and cycle counting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an SAP Inventory Specialist or in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP modules.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and data integrity.
Special Soft Skills Needed
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- work independently and as part of a team, with a proactive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment in which he/she must be strategic yet tactical.
- Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to portray customer, business, and solution focused leadership.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic– willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Proven commitment to change and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional communication skills – includes listening, leadership style, speaking, etc. to effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Must possess the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Capability to clearly present information and obtain others’ buy-ins.
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving ability, with affinity for resourcefulness, and self-driven entrepreneurial style.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict effectively.
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems.
- Possess a mindset that embraces challenge and change.
- Passion for metals in general and for project results in specific as well as clear willingness for self-development.
- Ability to promote win-win outcomes in the workplace.
- Must be able to motivate employees, exchange ideas and expectations in a productive manner, learn to be an adaptable and relatable leadership figure to others.
- Supply Chain Management, or a related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Must be able to perform the following: walking, standing, climbing, pulling, pushing, carrying, grasping, using hand-to-finger movement, balancing, reaching, twisting, turning, and stooping for most of every day.
- Varying periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer-some may be prolonged periods.
- May occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- There will be prolonged periods of standing and walking in the plant daily.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to all safety needs on the floor or in the office areas.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Willing to some (overnight) travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.