- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,100 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
We are currently seeking a skilled and knowledgeable Mechanical Technician to join our team. As a Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and machinery. Your expertise in troubleshooting mechanical issues and performing preventive and corrective maintenance tasks will contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of our facilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on mechanical systems to ensure optimal performance and minimize downtime.
- Conduct regular inspections of mechanical equipment, identifying and addressing any malfunctions, abnormalities, or signs of wear and tear.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues, determining the root cause and implementing necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Repair or replace faulty components, such as motors, bearings, belts, valves, or gears, to restore functionality.
- Lubricate and clean mechanical parts to ensure proper functioning and prevent premature wear.
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activities, including maintenance logs, repair records, and parts inventory.
- Collaborate with other technicians, engineers, and supervisors to coordinate maintenance activities and optimize equipment performance.
- Comply with safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and best practices related to mechanical systems and equipment maintenance.
- Assist in the development and improvement of maintenance procedures and protocols.
- Provide training and guidance to junior technicians or apprentices as needed.
- Install, assemble and test mechanical systems, equipment and machinery according to specifications and technical manuels.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, equipment, and machinery, including principles of operation and maintenance requirements.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools to perform mechanical repairs and adjustments.
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools and instruments for troubleshooting mechanical issues.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy objects or equipment.
- Familiarity with safety protocols and procedures in a mechanical maintenance environment.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Technician or in a similar role, preferably in n industrial or manufacturing setting.
Special Soft Skills Needed
- Must exhibit a leader-coach mentality and act as a change agent with a team-oriented focus.
- Effectively communicate targets and goals to his/her team.
- Gives and takes constructive feedback.
- Proven problem-solving skills and high level of independence (in planning, organization, execution and control).
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems.
- Organizational skills to be able to oversee the entire production process.
- Mindset of challenging and embracing change.
- Ability to keep a cool head even in stressful situations. Comfortable “pivoting” quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Able to successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability as an outstanding team player and a successful independent worker
- Must exhibit exemplary communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical or vocational training in mechanical engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Must be willing and physically able to walk/work in, observe and spend time in a smelter environment.
- Must be willing and physically able to work in intense heat situations.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, climbing, balancing, crouching and kneeling.
- May have prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, in meetings or presenting and training.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct audits and/or walk-throughs.
- Must wear all required PPE when in protected areas.
- Required to reach and grasp with hands and reach with arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to respond to any safety incident quickly and effectively and/or accident including First Responder duties.
- Willing and physically able to travel domestically and/or internationally, if requested.
- This is an extensively physical role.
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.