Local Strategic Buyer
- Augusta (Richmond County)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Local Strategic Buyer
The Procurement department is responsible for the procurement of all materials, goods, and services (including transport services). We are the interface between our company's production facilities and the procurement markets. With our activities, we ensure optimal procurement conditions and ensure a smooth supply of our sites.
- Maintain a contract database and track key contract milestones and obligations.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure contract compliance and risk mitigation.
- Ensure close cooperation with Corporate Procurement and achieve optimal support for investment projects and the management of relevant purchasing categories.
- You will create and implement the local procurement strategies for the relevant purchasing area.
- You will review and optimize specifications with the aim of developing procurement alternatives and will be responsible for market analysis, RFI, RFQ processes, procurement auctions and contract negotiations.
- You will actively promote the internal exchange of knowledge and support the introduction of supplier innovations.
- Implement location-based procurement initiatives and projects.
- Conduct supplier audits and assessments and take over ad-hoc procurement in emergency situations as well as the management of contract disruptions.
- Ensure a smooth transition between strategic and operational procurement, as well as project
- Draft review and manage contracts with local suppliers, ensuring compliance with legal and company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field (master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience in procurement, sourcing, and contract management in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong negotiation skills and a track record of achieving cost savings.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and best practices.
- Familiarity with legal aspects of contract management and compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in procurement and contract management software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Up to $100k
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Plan
- ...and more!
What does Aurubis stand for? Take a look here!
Aurubis is an employer that stands for diversity and equal opportunity. Employment decisions are made regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion and belief, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical impairment and social origin or any other legally protected characteristics of an individual.