Operational Excellence Manager Production (m/f/d)
- Beerse, Hamburg, Luenen, Olen, Pirdop
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Operational excellence managers act as internal consultants for transformation processes in our sites. They assist the line functions in successfully initiating and implementing change activities, always aiming for systematic solutions. Their cooperation with the sites builds on two principles: support and challenge. As catalysts of new practices, they share operational excellence related knowledge across hierarchy levels and across sites and deliver relevant trainings to other employees. Overall, operational excellence managers help to guide Aurubis into a future of being the most efficient smelter network in the world.
To support our Group Continuous Improvement department in Hamburg, Lünen, Pirdop, Olen or Beerse we are looking for you as
Operational Excellence Manager Production (m/f/d)
- Challenge "as is" processes and help customers in the sites to define ambitious performance targets.
- Drive change across sites and hierarchy levels, support operating and business process improvements – in terms of contents, methodologies, desired performance behaviors.
- Encourage operational excellence through the application of lean and six sigma principles, build further and manage our Aurubis Operating System plus corresponding system structure and develop continuous improvement capabilities throughout the organization.
- Engage in improvement projects to eliminate sources of waste and variability in different roles, from methodology expert to project manager.
- Conduct analyses and interviews from shopfloor to management level.
- Actively promote hand-in-hand cooperation, cross-site and cross-functional.
- Facilitate organizational learning, act as internal trainer for relevant tools and methods and foster cross-site exchange of good practices.
- Further develop group standard processes with a focus on production.
- University degree or equivalent and at least 5 years of practical experience within operational environment.
- Experience in Lean Production methods.
- Strong drive for improving and challenging status quo combined with an ambition for a strong future career at Aurubis.
- First leadership experience, as a lateral or disciplinary leader.
- Ability to quickly acquire comprehensive knowledge of technical production and maintenance processes.
- Pronounced analytical, pragmatic problem solving and project management skills.
- “Bridge-Builder” mentality with a passion for connecting and empowering people: communicator from shop floor to senior management level.
- Target focused, team oriented, self-reflecting, reliable and persistent when dealing with resistance.
- Business English skills; German, Bulgarian or other language of Aurubis network beneficial.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% – in compliance with the current Aurubis travel guidelines.
- Working in a forward-looking industry and for a sustainable future: our metals are essential for megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition.
- More than fair pay: thanks to the chemical industry pay scale, you can count on a top salary.
- We also offer you a company pension scheme and performance-related pay.
- Reconcile your professional and private life through mobile and flexible working within Germany.
- Relaxation is important to us! With us you get 30 days of vacation.
- Benefit from our company health promotion program. We have a company doctor on site and our preventive health check-ups, vaccinations and physiotherapy services ensure that you stay fit.
- Enjoy a variety of meals in one of our two company canteens.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- Your future is a fixed item on our agenda: we determine your next steps together in regular employee meetings.
- Our mobility services keep you on the move: JobRad, Deutschlandticket, a StadtRad station right outside our door and bicycle boxes at the Veddel S-Bahn station.
- We offer you support in finding accommodation: Aurubis AG has a large number of apartments in Hamburg districts such as Winterhude, Harvestehude, Rothenbaum, Uhlenhorst and Alsterdorf. Future and current Aurubis employees have priority when renting and do not have to pay a deposit during their employment.
Apply in just a few minutes and upload your CV. A streamlined process and prompt feedback are important to us, so we will get back to you shortly after reviewing your documents. If we are impressed by your application, we will invite you to a video interview via MS Teams. This will be followed by a personal interview at our premises. If both sides agree, you will receive a contract offer from us and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.