Process Engineer Pyrometallurgy (m/f/d)
Aurubis – metallurgy is our passion. We are a leading global multi-metal company and one of the largest copper recyclers worldwide. We process complex metal concentrates, scrap metals, and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest purity. These metals serve as the basis for key megatrends such as digitalization, renewable energies, e-mobility, and urbanization. Aurubis has about 7,200 employees, production sites in Europe and the US, and an extensive worldwide distribution system. Join our team and promote progress together with us!
Research & Development is an important element of our company's sustainable strategy. We are convinced that further improvement can only be achieved with an established culture of innovation and by constantly optimizing and modernizing existing production processes.
To support our Pyrometallurgy R&D team in Hamburg, we are looking for you as
Process Engineer Pyrometallurgy (m/f/d)
- In the R&D team, you will further develop Aurubis AG's diverse production processes - with the aim of being the world's most sustainable non-ferrous metal smelter network.
- You will support production in order to effectively implement new pyrometallurgical processes in production.
- Your main tasks are to significantly improve Aurubis' competitiveness through advanced metallurgical and / or mathematical methods and expert systems.
- You will develop and validate processes and models to support investment decisions for innovation, market positioning and future projects.
- They support strategically important Aurubis projects, increase and utilize the diversity of knowledge in the Group and provide knowledge for other areas and develop metallurgical and mathematical expert knowledge for future processes and technologies.
- You have a university degree in process engineering, metallurgy or a comparable field.
- A doctorate or postdoc is desirable.
- You have excellent expert knowledge in the areas of process modeling or advanced analytics for dealing with strategically important issues in the areas of process development, metal extraction or recycling technologies.
- You are familiar with expert systems such as Factsage, MPE and HSC Chemistry.
- Programming knowledge and skills (e.g. Python, Visual Basic, Macro Processing) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical and mathematical tools for the development of customized process models;
- You are characterized by an analytical and conceptual way of thinking and can successfully solve complex problems.
- With your entrepreneurial mindset and excellent communication skills, you want to drive projects forward and achieve tangible results.
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an intercultural and diverse environment. You also communicate clearly and engagingly within the team and with the stakeholders of your projects.
- Very good written and spoken English and German round off your profile.
- Working in a forward-looking industry and for a sustainable future: our metals are essential for megatrends such as digitalization and the energy transition.
- More than fair pay: thanks to the chemical industry pay scale, you can count on a top salary. You will also receive a vacation and Christmas bonus on top.
- We also offer you a company pension scheme and a performance-related bonus.
- Combine your professional and private life through mobile and flexible working within Germany. With us, you have the opportunity to work mobile up to 3 days a week. Your working week is based on 37.5 hours.
- Relaxation is important to us! With us, you get 30 days of vacation and up to three additional days off.
- Benefit from our company health promotion program. We have a company doctor on site and our preventive health check-ups, vaccinations and physiotherapy services ensure that you stay fit.
- Enjoy a variety of meals in one of our two company canteens.
- We accompany and support you in your professional and personal development. Take advantage of our digital Learning Academy and benefit from a wide range of offers.
- Your future is a fixed part of our program: we determine your next steps together in regular employee appraisals.
- Our mobility services keep you on the move: JobRad, Deutschlandticket, a StadtRad station right outside our door and bicycle boxes at the Veddel S-Bahn station.
- We offer you support in finding accommodation: Aurubis AG has a large number of apartments in Hamburg districts such as Winterhude, Harvestehude, Rothenbaum, Uhlenhorst and Alsterdorf. Future and current Aurubis employees have priority when renting and do not have to pay a deposit during their employment.
Apply in just a few minutes and upload your CV. A streamlined process and prompt feedback are important to us, so we will get back to you shortly after reviewing your documents. If we are impressed by your application, we will invite you to a video interview via MS Teams. This will be followed by a personal interview at our premises. If both sides agree, you will receive a contract offer from us and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.